Norfolk Botanical Garden Eagles

NESTI (Norfolk Eagle Support Team International)
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: NX back at WCV
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 4:28 pm 
Site Admin

Duane wrote:
Chris7 wrote:
Another release not open to the public. I don't get it...

I applaud them with their decison not to make it public. I think too much "hype" has surrounded the three chicks that they cared for since the females death although they are a non-profit organization so some hype is understandable to raise money and awareness.

You just have to remember..it's not about us, it's about the wildlife they take in, care for and hopefully release back into the wild.

I have found that there are three things in life that I can count on: death, taxes and Duane disagreeing with me.

Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms. ~George Eliot

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened. ~Anatole France

http://www.eaglesandnature.blogspot.com/

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 4:39 pm 

I suspect some of the release images are going to be in the 2013 calendar and why Jim was allowed to photograph the release...I'm just speculating but it makes sense because of how much effort he puts into the calendar. I'm glad someone was there to document it on a professional level and I also see Ed with a camcorder possibly...maybe some video will be released soon.

And I will stick with what I said earlier even though it disagrees with your feelings and others...it's not about us, it's about the wildlife and even though some things were hyped up for obvious reasons in the past it will never be the way it started out with the popularity as of late. Could you imagine how many feelings would have been hurt if only certain people or groups were invited to the release...the WCV played their cards right on this one not opening it up to the public.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:12 pm 
Site Admin

I understand them not wanting it to be a zoo. But Jim Deal is part of the public. And he was invited to attend. He doesn't even post on the forum any more. He has posted 10 times in the past year, and that was only because he wanted to weigh in on the discussion to keep/remove the NBG nest. He hasn't even logged onto the forum since Feb 16.

Here's what bothers me: I bring the entire event to people that can't be there. I do it in a way that really allows them to see and hear everything. People have let me know how much they appreciate what I do. It's a lot of work, but I do it because I feel like it's important to a lot of people. Jim Deal isn't the only person who is able to contribute to something else (the calendar) by being there. So I am resentful that he gets selected to shadow Ed Clark into the field when the "rockstars" were released. And now it's Jim again that gets the special invite to attend a release that is closed to the public. The last time I checked, Jim Deal was not a WCV employee or DGIF employee. He's part of the public. It's either closed to the public or it's not. I feel that a few more of us could have been invited. To quote you Duane, "Could you imagine how many feelings would have been hurt if only certain people or groups were invited to the release..." Well, you've made my point because that's exactly what happened.

I know that Jim has sold his pictures and sent all or some of the proceeds to WCV. I don't know if he's still doing that. And he has donated pictures for them to auction. And I think that's why he is now being invited to stand next to Ed for the release of the "rockstars" and to be the exclusive photographer at NX's release today. But guess what? I'm trying to make money off of my videos so I too can contribute proceeds to the charitable organizations that are involved. But I'm being undermined because I'm not the favored photographer.

I know this makes me sound like a big detractor of Jim's. But I'm not. It's not his fault that WCV is singling him out with special treatment. I think if "eagle nation" were asked to select a handful of people to attend to record the event, that would be great. And if I wasn't chosen, so be it. But I think it stinks the way this has gone down.

Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms. ~George Eliot

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened. ~Anatole France

http://www.eaglesandnature.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:24 pm 

AMEN SISTER!!!